High School Breakfast Success
High School Breakfast Success: Watch and learn from this high school at Galena Park ISD in Texas on how they use a three-pronged approach to breakfast. By offering students the option of traditional cafeteria breakfast, grab and go, and second chance breakfast, the high school went from feeding around 200 students breakfast every morning to approximately 800 students.
Elementary School Breakfast Success
Elementary School Breakfast Success: Hear from teachers, students, and the principal of Longfellow Elementary in Wisconsin on how a simple Grab and Go program provided a calmer classroom experience, higher attendance rates, and more of a community environment. By switching from traditional cafeteria breakfast, Longfellow went from serving 80 kids breakfast every morning to roughly 200 kids per day.
Elementary & Middle School Breakfast Success
Elementary & Middle School Breakfast Success: Learn how Breakfast in the Classroom and Grab and Go breakfast are used as instructional strategies at Waverly Elementary/Middle School in Baltimore, MD; and, see how student helpers play an integral role in delivering breakfast to the classroom and keeping classrooms clean.
Grab and Go Breakfast
- The Literacy Academy at Cleveland in Port Huron, Michigan -- Learn how clear communication with teachers and parents contributed to this successful Grab and Go program.
- Beardstown Junior High and High School in Beardstown, Illinois -- Read about how implementing Grab and Go breakfast has resulted in increased attendance and classroom productivity, and caused the breakfast participation to spike 122%.
- Nancy Hill Elementary School in West Aurora School District 129 in Illinois -- Learn how breakfast participation rates doubled, and behavioral issues and nurse visits were dramatically reduced by implementing a Grab and Go breakfast program.
Breakfast in the Classroom
- Holland Woods Middle School in Port Huron, Michigan -- Learn about how Fuel Period, the school's Breakfast in the Classroom program, invigorates mornings for students and teachers.
- Stanley Mosk Elementary in California -- See how student helpers, known as Breakfast Sherrifs, keep students excited about breakfast, but also play an integral role in ensuring the Breakfast in the Classroom program runs smoothly.
- South Shore Elementary School in Decatur School District 61 in Illinois -- Learn how implementing Breakfast in the Classroom increased breakfast participation from around 60% to 80%.
Breakfast After the Bell + Universal Breakfast
- Beach Park School District 3 in Illinois -- Learn how Breakfast After the Bell programs run seamlessly district-wide in the four elementary and one middle school by also adding the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), which provides breakfast to all students at no cost.
- Balboa High School in San Francisco, CA -- Learn about how important the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) has been to this Breakfast in the Classroom program.
- Berwyn South School District 100 in Illinois -- Hear directly from the Business Manager and Food Service Coordinator about their winning combination of Breakfast in the Classroom and Universal Breakfast via the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
- Gaithersburg High School in Montgomery County, MD -- Learn how this high school doubled their breakfast participation by offering breakfast at no cost to students.
Sharing breakfast success can be a wonderful way to showcase a Breakfast After the Bell (BAB) program. A BAB success story can highlight the incredible work of school and district staff that make the school breakfast program a win for the students, the school, and the community. Learn how to create your own breakfast success story using this guide, How to Create a Breakfast After the Bell Success Story.