This chart covers information on both the Summer Food Service Program & Seamless Summer Options as well as CACFP At-Risk Afterschool Meals, including:
- The meals reimbursed by each program
- Eligible sites
- Eligible participants
- The congregate meal service requirement
- Meal service time requirements
- Allowable days of operation, including weekends, spring break, and other non-school days
- Meal requirements
- Claim submission deadlines
- Record keeping requirements
- Site monitoring
- Unanticipated school closures
This was updated on 5/7/20 to reflect relevant information in nationwide waivers #13-21 and other guidance.
As always, please confirm guidance with your state agency prior to implementing any changes. Not all states have adopted all nationwide waivers available to them.