Assess whether the Afterschool Meals Program is a good fit for your program
Does your afterschool program...
- Serve children ages 18 and under?
- Provide care for children after school, on weekends, holidays, or school vacations during the regulation school year?
- Provide organized, regularly scheduled enrichment or educational activities?
- Have ability to receive and serve snacks and meals?
- Take place in a school or community site that is operated by a non-profit organization, or eligible for-profit organization?
- Meet state or local licensing and health and safety standards?
- Operate in an area where at least 50% of children are eligible for free or reduced-price meals?
DID YOU ANSWER YES TO THE QUESTIONS ABOVE? IF SO, YOUR AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM COULD RECEIVE AFTERSCHOOL MEALS AT NO COST TO YOU.
The At-Risk Afterschool Meals Program helps children get the nutritious meals they need in a safe, supervised location. USDA provides reimbursements for snacks and meals served at afterschool programs offering enrichment or education programs under the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). For many children, this is their only opportunity to access a healthy meal after the school day ends.
Become an afterschool meals site today. Select your state from the list below to connect with your state agency and local No Kid Hungry campaign.
Connect with your state