Thursday, March 31st, 2:00pm ET
What can you do this summer to get kids interested in attending meal programs – and excited to keep coming back? Combining enrichment activities with summer meals can create meaningful, fun experiences that nourish minds and bodies. Join our webinar to learn about a new USDA toolkit to help boost programs, how low-cost books from First Book are being used in combination with summer meals, and how a sponsor is using SNAP-Ed funding to create new summer meal sites with nutrition education programming.
Please find additional resources here:
- Webinar slides
- Access the new USDA Team Nutrition resources for Summer Meals programs using the audience filter “Afterschool and Summer.” You can find more from Team Nutrition on their website.
- To sign up with First Book, as a Summer Meals site, please visit their website. You can find additional resources on First Book’s Marketplace.
- To learn more about SNAP-Ed opportunities and funding in your state, search for your state’s contact.
- Contact information:
- Maya Maroto, Nutritionist, US Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service, Nutrition Promotion and Technical Assistance Division, email@example.com
- Dorian Stonebarger, Program Manager, Three Square Food Bank, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candace Radoski, Director of Partner Development, First Book, email@example.com
- Yvonne Sawyer, COO, Hope for Miami, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to Arby’s Foundation and C&S Wholesale Grocers for sponsoring our summer work.