Welcome to the No Kid Hungry Sponsor Center!
This site is designed to help organizations sponsoring Summer and Afterschool Meals programs better access tools and best practices for feeding more kids in their community. If you are a school, camp, local government agency or nonprofit organization looking to start a new program or improve your existing program, we encourage you to check out our resources, including:
- New best practices for summer mobile meals programs
- Ideas and resources for finding additional program funding
- Activities for kids that incorporate nutrition education
- Resources for managing your summer and afterschool meals sites
While you are here, check out our Summer Meals and Afterschool Meals pages for information about the programs, research about low income families and information about Share Our Strength initiatives in your area.
One in five kids in America can’t count on always getting the food they need. No Kid Hungry and the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation firmly believe that the No Kid Hungry promise to connect every kid to healthy food every day cannot be fulfilled without help from the next generation of young leaders. This new toolkit provides an understanding of “what works” in engaging youth, with tools that can be used to broaden the base and immediately engage youth support in the fight to end childhood hunger. Learn more and download the toolkit.
Let’s keep learning fun afterschool! First Book and Share Our Strength have teamed up to add a helping of new, low-cost books to your enrichment programs. As an afterschool meals sponsor you are eligible to register with First Book and shop on their online marketplace. Visit their website for one-click packages of books, school supplies, and resources to keep kids coming back to your afterschool meals program! To access this opportunity and more, follow the steps below.
- CNR in 2015:Taking Action to Achieve No Kid Hungry in the Summer
- Low and No-Cost Summer Site Experiences
- Spreading the Summer Word
- Mobile Meals Playbook Webinar
- Grants webinar
- Summer Survey Webinar
- Afterschool Meals Survey Webinar
- Mapping your way to No Kid Hungry Webinar
- Ask the USDA – Afterschool Meals
- 2016 National Summer Meals Summit December 4th and 5th, 2017 in Arlington, VA. Save the Date!
The Center for Best Practices would like to thank the Arby’s Foundation for their generous support.