This chart covers information on both the Summer Food Service Program & Seamless Summer Options as well as CACFP At-Risk Afterschool Meals, including:
- The meals reimbursed by each program
- Eligible sites
- Eligible participants
- The congregate meal service requirement
- Meal service time requirements
- Allowable days of operation, including weekends, spring break, and other non-school days
- Meal requirements
- Claim submission deadlines
- Record keeping requirements
- Site monitoring
- Unanticipated school closures
This was updated on 7/1/20 to reflect recent waiver extensions, the expiration of the Unanticipated School Closure Extension waiver and ending of CACFP At-Risk Afterschool for the 2019-2020 school year, and other guidance.
As always, please confirm guidance with your state agency prior to implementing any changes. Not all states have adopted all nationwide waivers available to them.