Reboot | Reconnect | Redesign: Creating Equitable Solutions for Rural Children
Presented by No Kid Hungry and Save the Children
The Rural Child Hunger Summit will highlighted best practices to address rural child hunger and convene partners to collaborate on innovative solutions. Sessions focused on unpacking the latest research, promising policy solutions, and the role of schools, community-based organizations, and local leaders as partners in the fight to end hunger in rural communities.
The event was co-presented by Save the Children and No Kid Hungry. The Summit was held in an all-virtual format due to the continuing uncertainty related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rural Child Hunger Summit 2022 Agenda
This year's summit was filled with sessions covering advocacy, youth empowerment, sustainability, technology and innovation, and overcoming supply chain challenges. Speakers included the Secretary of Agriculture Thomas Vilsack and Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona, Food Nutrition Directors from 8 different states, Sara Bleich and Stacy Dean from the USDA, and expert staff from Save the Children and No Kid Hungry.
Summit Recordings and Slide Decks:
Day One - April 27th 10:30am - 4pm ET
- 10:30- 11:15 am ET Keynote Address- Education and Child Nutrition Partnership and Future
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm ET - [You]th Make the Difference: How Youth are Transforming the Food Justice Movement
- 1 pm - 2pm ET - Technology & Innovation: Finding Digital Connections for Rural Communities
- 3pm - 4 pm ET - Raising Rural Voices: Discovering Permanent Solutions to Improve Access
Day Two - April 28th 10:30am - 4pm ET
- 10:30 - 11:30 am ET - Keynote Address - Equity in Child Nutrition and Rural Communities
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm ET - Going the Extra Mile: Overcoming Transporation Challenges and Other Barriers to Nourishing Food in Rural Communities
- 1 pm - 2 pm ET - Sustainable Program Design: Utilizing Community Strength to Build Effective Programming
- 2:30 - 3:30 pm ET - Navigating Supply Chain Disruptions: Finding Innovative Solutions During Challenging Times
Speaker Bios and Headshots
Every one of our speakers brings their whole selves to the work of serving hungry children in their community. Learn more about our speakers' backgrounds, work experience, and amazing organizations.